Gecko Pedals Geckoplex EP-5
Meet the Geckoplex, the no-expense-spared result of over 10 years in pursuit of our own dream pedal. Inspired by 1960-1970’s era tape delays, but with some more modern digital features added in, the Geckoplex EP-5 is about as close as possible to having an actual tape delay unit on your pedalboard. It is full-featured and versatile, handling anything from a simple slap-back, to creating dreamy, spacious science-fiction soundscapes that combine reverb with nearly endless, twisted, wavering echoes. Pair it with an expression pedal for hands-free control of any set of controls over any range in real-time.
Mount it on your pedalboard, or put it on top of your amp stack for some hands-on action instead. However you decide to use it, it has your delay needs covered, and is solidly built to last a very long time.
Each Geckoplex is hand-crafted in the USA, in small batches with genuine, quality components. Absolutely everything, including circuit board assembly, machining, powder coating, screen printing, assembly, and testing, is done in-house right here in Eugene, Oregon. Each one is also hand numbered on the back side.
- Analog FET input preamp gain stage, with gain up to +11dB, adjustable by the GAIN knob.
- Up to 2 seconds of delay time.
- Sound on Sound mode for looping playback of up to 40 seconds.
- Separate WET/DRY outputs for use with dual amp setups.
- The dry signal can be switched off on the wet output for pure WET/DRY outputs (internal switch).
- 3 Fully programmable presets, with seamless switching between them.
- Expression pedal support, allowing full control of any set of controls over any desired range on each preset.
- Tap tempo with selectable subdivisions (eighth note, quarter note, and dotted eighth note subdivisions).
- External tap tempo switch jack allows remote control of the delay time.
- TRAILS toggle switch to control whether trailing effects are heard after the unit is switched off.
- Buffered outputs, capable of easily driving amps with clarity, even through long cables or into Lo-Z inputs.
- Motorized delay slide control to set the delay time, similar to a tape write head position lever found on some vintage tape delay units.
- 6 effect control knobs: echo VOLUME, REPEATS, TONE, WARP, an independent REVERB, and a Gecko Pedals original effect: SHIFT.
- LED level meter bar (6 LEDs).
Other nerdy bragging rights:
- A preposterously powerful ARM Cortex M7 core handles the DSP heavy lifting.
- The enclosure is powder coated and artwork is printed with epoxy ink for ultimate finish durability.
- Gold-plated contacts on the circuit board (ENIG finish).
- Real genuine Davies Molding knobs, made in Chicago, USA
- Real genuine Hammond Manufacturing all metal enclosure.
- Only polyester and ceramic capacitors are used throughout. No electrolytic or tantalum capacitors to worry about drying up or otherwise failing.
- Polyester capacitors are used exclusively in the audio signal path.
- Silicone wire cable assemblies are used for all peripheral circuit board connections.
1 in stock